Monday, October 17, 2011

A Reason for Every Season!

I love the changing of each season because they all bring about different memories and happy times. As the weather has definitely been changing here in Rexburg it has gotten me excited for the Holiday season and then I got thinking how I absolutely love every season for different reasons. Each one brings about an exciting time and makes me so grateful for the different seasons God has blessed us with. Here are some of my favorite things in every season.
WINTER: "Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." ~Edith Sitwell

What I love about wintertime:
Christmas
Crafts
Snow games
Listening to Christmas music
Giving gifts
Baking
Christmas lights
Family Traditions
Love, Happiness, and Joy
Christmas Caroling
Singing at the nursing home
Making chocolates with my Grandma Hyde
Going to Salt Lake City for New Year's Eve
My Birthday
Soon to be Wedding Anniversary
Decorating for Christmas
Sweaters, scarves, and hats
The first snowfall
Taking a warm shower after playing out in the snow
Sitting by the fireplace as we read Christmas Stories
Staying in your nice warm bed as the rest of the house is so cold

SPRING: No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

What I love about the spring:
Blooming flowers
Fresh crisp mornings
Easter-Easter egg hunts and Easter egg races
Gardening and yard work
The sun
Birds singing
Cold spring mornings and sunny warm afternoons
Spring cleaning

SUMMER: "A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." ~James Dent

What I love about summertime:
Thunder and Lightning storms
Stars
Beach Volleyball
Snoasis snow cones
The Beach and the warmth of the sand
Hiking and discovering new places
Meteor Showers
The Sunshine
Long bike rides
Reading in the park
Adventures with friends
Floating in the canal
Eating watermelon and getting it all over your face
Picnics
Popsicles/otter pops
Sun tans
Summer nights - still warm from the day and just sitting in the backyard looking at the stars with the people you love

AUTUMN: "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

What I love about autumn time:
Leaves changing colors and falling off the trees
Running/walking in the leaves so they make the crunch sound
Listening to the rain outside while in my warm bed or cuddled in a blanket
Drinking hot chocolate on a cold day while watching a movie all cuddled up in a blanket
Making pumpkin bread
Eating left over Thanksgiving dinner
Carving Pumpkins
Wearing slippers around the house
Being home
Reading a good book

 
There are so many other things I could add to each seasons but these are some of my favorites! Life is just so great and each season brings something new and exciting to add to this great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment