Life has been really hectic lately with summer ending and school starting up again. It was strange the first little while to get use to having all the students back on campus. The first day of school was insane, especially in the Kimball building (where I work). The bottom floor was flooded with students and I was wishing it was still the 7 week break, where life seemed so care free. But it’s good to be back in school now that I am getting the swing of things. But since I have been so busy lately I haven’t been able to update my life on this blog. Let me take you back a few weeks when I volunteered for Habitat for Humanity…
Basically doing this build was amazing! I love doing service and not only was I able to serve that day, but I was able to learn some useful things. I became a pro at hammering, even though I was made fun of at first, but thanks to Stu and his patience I was able to learn the technique and skill behind hammering. We ended up having to leave the site a little earlier than planned because it started raining and lightning. But we put in a good days work and I would love to do it again!
The weekend after that, September 1-6, I went home to San Diego and had a blast! I was able to visit the beach, some old friends, spend time with my family, and read about half of my Mocking Jay book!
Lindsey and I then drove up to Utah on that Saturday and stayed with Brittany and Alex. That Sunday we went to their ward and Alex did an amazing job conducting sacrament meeting for the first time as the Second Councilor in the Bishopric.
That afternoon while Alex was at meeting Brittany, Lindsey, and I decided to make a cake a celebrate Brittany’s birthday even though it was last week. It was a lot of fun!
That night we all drove to my Grandma and Grandpa Hendrickson’s house and spent the night there. Amber and Alan even came from Logan. It was fun to all be together again!
We then continued our trek up to Rexburg on Labor Day and got all moved in and settled a little before I started back up to work the next day. Along the way we stopped in Idaho Falls to do some shopping at Winco…considering we didn’t have any room in our car because it was packed with all of mine and Lindsey’s belongings, we really didn’t have room for the groceries we bought. But somehow we managed. I was driving and had some groceries on my lap; Lindsey had some on her lap and had barely enough room at her feet. It was definitely a sight to be seen!
Saturday I had a Meso-America reunion and it was SO good to see everyone again! I miss them so much. I made some lifelong friends on this tour. It was also fun reminiscing about all the experiences we had this summer. We had a little picnic in the gardens on campus, watched a slideshow of the tour, hit a piƱata, and got our sweatshirts. What a great time!
School started last week and I have entered my senior year, my 8th semester here at BYU-Idaho. I love my roommates, I love my ward, I love living with my sister, and I love most of my classes. Life is good! Even though school has only been going for a week now it seems my life just stays busier than ever. I have been working full time for these first few days before my internship starts. Monday, September 20th I start my internship. I am doing the fit and fall proof program in Idaho Falls and Ririe. I will be an Athletic Instructor for elderly individuals at a senior center. I’m getting really excited to start, but a little nervous too. On top of all this I am taking 12 credits, working 25 hours a week, interning 10 hours a week, playing a few intramural sports (volley ball, ultimate frisbee, softball, and bowling), and was just called as the 2nd councilor in my Relief Society. It’s going to be a great semester!








No comments:
Post a Comment