So far this month has been a month of traveling for me, which has helped to make it go by really fast! Here was my agenda:
June 4: Pocatello, ID
I attended the baptism of my cousin, Addison. It was great fun seeing the Hyde side of the family, they bring so much joy into my life. Got to love the foot zoning!
June 4-6: Provo, UT
After Addie's baptism Lindsey and I kept heading down to Utah and made it into Provo that night. Brittany and Alex blessed their baby, Brooklyn Fae Nelson, the next day, June 7th. It was fun spending the weekend with my family. We got a hotel in Provo and stayed up all night playing games and catching up with each other. Everyone left Sunday afternoon after the luncheon. I ended up staying in Provo until Tuesday morning when I flew out to D.C. I was able to take Justin to EFY on Monday and played with my new little niece all day! Love every minute of it!
June 7: Dallas, Texas & Washington D.C.
Tuesday I traveled to D.C. but we had a lay over in Dallas. I had never been to Texas before so that was exciting.
June 7-10: Washington D.C
I Absolutely loved it! I don't know if I could ever see myself living there because I have fallen to much in love with the country life, but I could handle it for an internship I think. One of the companies we visited that I would love to internship at or even work for was the Global Health Fellows, they work really closely with USAIDS (which is an organization I have been looking into). One of the interns came and talked to us and everything she told me was exactly what I want to do. She mentioned how she has always wanted to go to Africa for no apparent reason and she ended up going to Ethiopia for a few months and then got her job with GHF. She is currently working with the HIV/AIDS prevention project...exactly what I'm interested in! It was so fun to talk to her and ask her questions, she ended up giving me her contact info so if I had any other questions I could just e-mail her. She was so willing to help me get to where I want to go, they gave a ton of resources to help us. It was Amazing!
While in D.C. we were also able to do a little bit of site seeing but not much. It's a great city with a ton of history, I wish I had more time to explore. But who knows maybe someday I'll be back there with more time to site see.
June 11: Back in Rexburg
After arriving home Friday, June 10th, @ 10pm I started getting ready for my Half Marathon I was going to run the next morning. I was exhausted from traveling yet I didn't get to bed very early. I woke up the next morning stoked to accomplish one of my life goals, but I was a little nervous because I didn't feel ready for it, especially after the last week. But that didn't stop me! I decided to download the Hunger Games onto my i-pod to keep me entertained for the 13.1 miles I would be running. It did a pretty good job until I hit mile 9. I started feeling really sick and got really sharp pains in my stomach. But my determination made me keep running another mile until I couldn't handle it anymore. I started walking around mile 10 and wasn't very happy with myself until I decided to think more positively...I kept counting my blessings and realizing how blessed I am to have a body that can run a half marathon, well sort of run it. I ended up throwing up and felt a little better after that so I started running off and on from mile 10-12. Once I saw mile 13 I started sprinting to the finish line. I didn't care how much pain I was in, I wanted to finish strong! When I saw the finish line it was such a great feeling...I had actually ran 13.1 miles and I did it in 2 hours and 25 minutes! Afterwards I was pretty worn out and sore. But I felt like I was in heaven because they offered all those who ran the Half Marathon and Marathon free massages. It was so great, just what I needed!
Here are some pictures from that week:
![]() | ||
| The family with new little Brooklyn |
![]() |
| Taking Justin to EFY! |
![]() |
| FroYo...after getting lost in D.C. for about an hour this frozon yogurt tasted so good! |
![]() |
| Cali...Oh how I miss you! |
![]() |
| Waiting in the Airport in Dallas to come home! |
![]() |
| Getting ready to run the Half Marathon!!!! |
![]() |
| There I am...Just about to cross the finish line! |
![]() |
| I did it! I finished! Check that off my life goals! |











No comments:
Post a Comment