Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

So I know most of you wouldn't call Rexburg, Idaho Paradise...but for now this is my Paradise. I woke up this morning listing to the country song "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar and as you know it talks about a husband and wife with all the commotion in their lives but they know that it’s all ok because they are enjoying their little paradise together. So that’s a little sappy I know but as I was listening to it it kind of reminded me of my life. With all the things going on in my life and the commotion I feel like I have I feel that I am really blessed and therefore I’m living in my own kind of Paradise, I really have nothing to complain about. I love the chorus of this song:

Well, it's ok. It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise

When I first got up to Idaho I wasn’t too thrilled about living here for the summer because San Diego is a lot more like paradise to me than Rexburg. But since being here I realized that Paradise is where ever you make it. So here I am trying to make Rexburg my Paradise!

It also made me think what my Paradise is…I think it would consist of family, good friends, laughter, outdoors, the sun, the stars, naps on the grass, bike rides at sunset, and the list could go on. Looking over this list and the things that I have done this summer so far I realized I have done all of them. So why can’t Rexburg be considered Paradise?

No comments:

Post a Comment